COVID-19 Guidance for Businesses
Employers can use strategies to lower the risk of employees and customers being exposed to COVID-19.
• Actively encourage sick employees to stay home
• Separate sick employees from other employees and customers
• Emphasize the need to cover coughs and sneezes, wear a face mask, and wash or sanitize hands often
• Perform routine environmental cleaning
• Advise employees doing work-related travel to take steps to protect themselves
• Allow employees to work from home when possible
Employees may have COVID-19 and be able to spread it, even if they do not appear to be be sick. Businesses should work with their local public health department to build a plan to limit exposure to employees.
The best way to protect your customers from COVID-19 is to ensure your employees are healthy, your facility is cleaned frequently, and prevention measures are in place to limit exposure to employees and customers.
The virus that causes COVID-19 can be destroyed by certain cleaning products. Your business can lower the risk of COVID-19 spreading by properly cleaning and disinfecting public spaces.